You cannot underestimate the value of a good pair of socks. Even more, if you run on a daily basis. And if you do underestimate, the time has now come to stop doing so.
Your feet take a lot of beating and simply purchasing a good pair of shoes is not enough. You need to buy socks that will enhance your movement and make running easier for you.
Best Women’s Running Socks – Quick Pick
If you’re in a hurry, here are our two favorite women’s running socks in this review.
Proper running socks ensure that your feet are protected from friction and impact. Making your runs comfortable and staying from foot related problems would be a very smart choice for you.
Therefore, I have selected the best women’s running socks for you to help you avoid problems and enhance your daily running.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Picks of Best Women’s Running Socks in 2018
- 10 Best Women’s Running Socks Reviews in 2018
- 1. MudGear Trail Running Socks for Men and Women
- 2. Running Socks for Men and Women by Thirty 48
- 3. Balega Hidden Comfort Athletic No Show Running Socks
- 4. ASICS Women’s Intensity Single Tab Running Socks (3 Pack)
- 5. Inspirational Athletic Running Socks
- 6. Men’s – Women’s Thin Padded Running Low-Cut Socks by Thorlos Experia
- 7. No-Show Wool Running Socks – Ultra-Light Merino Wool Athletic Socks, Trail Socks
- 8. Wigwam Women’s Ironman Spectrum Pro Low Cut Merino Wool Running Sock
- 9. Thorlo Women’s Thick Crew Padded Running Socks
- 10. Drymax Run Lite-Mesh Mini Crew Socks
- What are The Benefits of Running Socks for Women?
- How to choose the best women’s running socks?
Top 10 Picks of Best Women’s Running Socks in 2018
10 Best Women’s Running Socks Reviews in 2018
They are many options that you can choose. In order to be of some help, I have selected the 10 best women’s running socks. I hope this simplifies your work.
The MudGear Trail Running Socks is built for the outdoor athletes. These socks can withstand multiple surfaces.
The MudGear Trail Running Socks helps you maximize your performance. The material in this socks ensures that it can handle the toughest conditions.
The MudGear Trail Running Socks is a creation of the renowned footwear craftsman Nate Banks.
The sock is made up of 95% polyester and 5 % spandex. It is highly comfortable and ensures that you have a blister free experience no matter how long you use it.
It is made for outdoor sports like Spartan Race and can be used for multiple activities. It has a medium ankle compression and keeps out debris and mud while you’re on the trail.
The vented mesh top is of superior quality and reduces heat and raise your comfort.
- The fit of the MudGear Trail Running Socks will impress you.
- It has amazing breathability and moisture wicking properties that will ensure you have dry feet no matter the mile that you cover.
- The compression on the sock helps fight fatigue.
- It is a multi purpose sock. You can use it for trail running, walking or running on treadmills.
- You will not face problems such as blister and sweaty feet.
- During your runs, the MudGear Trail Running Socks will not let debris enter.
- You might find the sock loose on the toe area.
- The size of MudGear Trail Running Socks might be inaccurate.
The Running socks by Thirty 48 is an exceptional running sock that goes perfectly with any type of shoes.
It has multiple cushions which ensure that there is extra padding on the metatarsal, Achilles tendon, and heel. The sock also prevents blisters as the sock negates friction.
The Coolmax fabric in the Running socks by Thirty 48 ensures that your feet are moisture free. This keeps your feet cool and dry as the airflow within the fabric enables your skin to breathe.
It comes in multiple color options and you can also look for the perfect pair to match your shorts
The sock is made up of highly durable fabric ensures this socks last for a long time and give you superior performance.
The elastic arch support in the Running socks by Thirty 48 further minimizes friction and promotes stability. It is made up of 33% CoolMax, 27% Cotton, 30% Nylon, 8% Polyester and 2% Lycra.
- This sock can go with running shoes, tennis shoes, and other sports shoes.
- The Running socks by Thirty 48 ensure that you do not suffer from blisters.
- Its cooling properties ensure that you have a moisture free experience.
- You are multiple color options to choose from.
- It is highly durable and will give you optimum performance.
- You can use the Running socks by Thirty 48 for running on trails, hard surfaces, and treadmill. It is an all rounder.
- You will also love the snug fit of the sock.
- The Running socks by Thirty 48 may not be suitable for a place with high temperature.
The Balega Hidden Comfort Athletic Running socks makes sure that you have a comfortable experience during your workout sessions.
It is engineered by DryNamix moisture management technology and keeps your feet cool and dry. It allows free flow of air and ensures that you have maximum comfort and you can perform at an optimum level.
The Balega Hidden Comfort Athletic is race tested and helps eliminate abrasion across the top of the foot.
The extra deep heel pocket in the Balega Hidden Comfort Athletic ensures that it fits properly and does not slide down while you run. It has a new and improved elastane throughout for a more structured fit.
The sock has mesh construction for ventilation and the plush under sole cushioning for extra protection.
- The DryNamix moisture management in this sock will give you a moisture free experience.
- The Balega Hidden Comfort Athletic Running socks also make sure that there is not much abrasion, making the sock very durable.
- You will love the fit of this sock. It does not slide down when you run.,
- The sole cushioning of the Balega Hidden Comfort Athletic Running socks is impressive.
- You can use the Balega Hidden Comfort Athletic Running socks for not just running but various other activities.
- It is not as breathable as compared to other socks.
The ASICS Intensity Single Tab socks give a proper running experience. It comes with a soft sole and lace pad cushioning for added comfort.
It also has an arch band which ensures that you have proper support. The ASICS Single Tab Ankle fit ensures that you will not have any irritation on your feet.
The moisture management and knit in mesh provide you with exceptional ventilation and breathability.
The seamless toe eliminates bulky toe seam and provides greater comfort. It also comes with Y heel gore fit.
- You can use the ASICS Intensity Single Tab socks for daily use.
- The cushioning on the ASICS Intensity Single Tab socks will impress you thoroughly.
- It also helps you prevent blisters and other irritations.
- The moisture management system makes the sock very breathable.
- The fit will also impress you.
- The color of the ASICS Intensity Single Tab socks might give away.
The Inspirational Athletic Running Socks is built to give you a comfortable experience. It features the ultra-spun polyester moisture wicking technology that will keep your feet dry and comfortable.
It is a low cut ankle sock that ensures that you have a secure fit. The Inspirational Athletic Running Socks will be a perfect compliment for your sneakers. The arch compression pads also secure your feet by providing a comfortable fit.
The Inspirational Athletic Running Socks provides you with comfort when you’re at the gym or running around or simply chilling at your home. It is made up of 80% acrylic, 15% nylon, and 5% spandex.
- The Inspirational Athletic Running Socks has a great fit and it does not slide down.
- The ultra-spun polyester moisture wicking technology helps you to have a dry and comfortable.
- The arch compression pads ensure that you have a secure fit.
- The Inspirational Athletic Running Socks has a multipurpose use.
- You will also find the socks very reasonable.
- Its durability can be a concern for you.
The sock made by Experia is an award winning, high-performance sock powered by Thorlas pads. You can use the sock for running, cycling, hiking, fitness training and other activities.
The Thorlos Cushion padding blends with your natural heel and ball pattern ensuring incredible comfort. The ultra-lightweight sock frame made of Lycra mesh provides aerodynamic fit and utmost breathability.
The sock provides protection for the ball and heel from friction as it is incorporated with Thorlos pads. This also negates the impact on your feet and avoid irritations.
This sock provides foot protection and safeguards the heel from rubbing, chaffing and blistering. The fit is also brilliant which ensures the sock won’t slip down.
- This sock will provide you with extra comfort.
- If you have suffered from plantar fasciitis and other foot related injuries, this sock can be of big help.
- The ultra-lightweight sock frame ensures breathability.
- It can be used for running, hiking and other activities. Making it an all rounder.
- The Thorlos Cushion padding blends provide you with absolute comfort.
- This sock also helps you avoid frictions. Hence, you will not have blisters and other types of irritations.
- You might find the sock a bit slippery inside the shoes.
This running socks by Pure Athlete are very comfortable and are for your daily use.
This sock ensures that your feet are at the perfect temperature. The no-show wool running socks feature a special yarn that keeps your feet temperature in optimal temperature.
It also has a mesh top which provides ventilation for proper moisture management. The no-show look provides you with a modern and sleek look.
The No-Show Wool running socks by Pure Athlete comes with a cushioned heel and toe gives you utmost comfort. It helps you prevent blisters and irritations.
The wool comprises of next generation yarns making it non-itchy for you. No matter the weather condition, your feet will always be dry. Step in a puddle and your no-show socks will still keep you dry.
The sock is made up of merino wool, polypropylene, nylon, and spandex.
- The sock will keep the temperature of your feet cool and stable.
- The ventilation of the sock ensures that you have cool and dry feet.
- You will love the fit of the sock which stays intact with your feet.
- The cushioned heel of the sock ensures that you have a comfortable experience.
- This sock will put an end to the problem of blisters.
- You will love the sock when it keeps your feet dry no matter where you run.
- You will also not have a problem of bad odor as the sock is properly ventilated.
- If you have excessively sweaty feet, this sock will solve the problem.
- You might find the sock a bit thick for your liking and if you are not used to it.
The Wigwam Women’s Running sock is a low cut running sock that gives you proper running experience every day.
It is made up of 52% stretch nylon, 25% polyester, 18% merino wool, 3 % lyocell and 2% spandex. This sock is also machine washable.
The sock uses the Ultimax moisture control system making it an ultra-lightweight running and fitness socks. This moisture control system will give you an exceptional experience throughout the year.
The Wigwam Women’s Running sock has a seamless toe closure and light cushioning at ball of foot ensuring you have a comfortable experience.
The merino wool has soft features and keeps your feet cool and dry no matter the weather. The sock also comes in fashionable colors.
The Dri-lease fabrication ensures you have dry feet and no blisters and odors. The fit of the Wigwam Women’s Running sock is also very snug and comfortable.
- The Wigwam Women’s Running sock is made for all types of weather. Always keeps your feet dry.
- The moisture control system ensures that you have dry feet and gives you optimum performance.
- The cushioning also makes you feel comfortable in multiple terrains.
- You will not have problems of blisters and bad odor.
- The snug fit will not disturb you during your runs.
- It does not shrink after repeated use.
- You can run long miles without having to worry about the performance of the sock.
- Will not perform at its best in cold weather.
- It might be a bit thin for you if you are looking for proper wool socks.
The Thorlo Women’s Running Socks enhances your daily runs no matter where you run.
The sock is made up of 88% Thorlon acrylic, 10% nylon and 2% spandex and it is machine washable.
This sock ensures that you have a comfortable experience while you run on multiple surfaces. You can enjoy your short intense runs or go run on a trail. This sock will not disappoint you.
The Thorlo Women’s Running socks can also handle most weather conditions and lets you go the distance.
The Tholos clinically tested padding under the ball and heel makes sure you have maximum protection from friction which is the major cause of blisters. Also, you will have impact protection.
The Thorlo Women’s running socks are made with superior quality materials and is durable. Its moisture management ensures that you have dry feet.
- You can use the socks on multiple surfaces, regularly.
- It can also withstand rain and mud easily giving you proper comfort throughout.
- The Thorlo Women’s running socks will help you avoid blisters.
- The cushioning also give your heel and the proper protection.
- It is durable and will withstand daily use.
- Keeps your feet dry in all weather conditions.
- Its exceptional padding system will reduce foot ache after workout sessions.
- The fit might become loose over time, sliding down to your heel.
The Drymax socks will give you an exceptional performance on a daily basis.
The Drymax’s dual layer system offers a remarkable moisture management which keeps your feet dry. The exclusively vented arch band and breathable mesh panels help keep your feet dry and ventilated.
The Drymax Run Lite-Mesh Mini Crew Socks also has an exceptional anti-blister system and smooth interior to give you maximum comfort.
The Y-heel helps you have a proper fit and prevent your sock from slipping. It also makes sure you have no odor problems with the help of Active Odor Control via MicroZap.
This sock consists of 48% olefin, 36% polyester, 10% elastane and 6% nylon.
- This sock has exceptional moisture management system which keeps your feet dry at all times.
- You will also love the vented arch band makes your run comfortable due to its special breathability.
- You will not have problems regarding blisters.
- It also has a remarkable fit and your sock does not slide down to the heel.
- The Drymax also does not have odor problems.
- You can go long hours without worrying about sweat and odor.
- You might receive inconsistently sized socks in a single pack.
- The thickness can be a problem if you have tight shoes.
What are The Benefits of Running Socks for Women?
Running socks have benefits which you will understand after running for a substantial amount of time. Here are the benefits of running socks that you should know.
Running Socks Ensure Good Foot Health
You must have healthy feet so that you can run and exercise on a daily basis. It is vital that you choose the right pair of socks.
When you run, you sweat. Proper running socks ensure that your feet breathe properly because they have proper ventilation. You will not have odor problem from sweating.
Running socks come with wicking properties. These running socks let moisture pass from your feet and help to keep your feet dry throughout.
A good foot health will let you exercise daily and that eventually means your foot health will ensure that you have good overall health.
Running Socks Restrict Skin Friction
There is a massive difference between regular socks and running socks. Regular socks are not designed to reduce friction and sweat because they are not made of high-end material.
Running socks, on the other hand, are made of high-quality materials and have a proper thickness to thwart friction and make your runs very comfortable. Problems such as blisters tend to irritate and halt your daily runs which are not good.
Running Socks Prevent Injury
Certain areas of your foot are vulnerable and running socks help protect them and ward off injuries.
When you run, the parts that are most vulnerable are your ankle bones and big toe mound. They need protection and running socks certainly assists in doing that. They provide cushioning which helps them overcome injuries.
The extra padding in required areas makes sure you have protection when running.
Running Socks Prevent Foot Swelling
One of the reasons for foot swelling is that your blood is prevented from flowing throughout the feet and then to the rest of your leg.
Running socks ensure that there is proper blood flow to avoid any kind of swelling. Good running socks with compression helps to push the blood past the ankle, making sure there is proper blood flow.
Foot swelling can halt your daily running sessions. So, it is vital that you get proper running socks.
Running socks ensure that you have comfortable runs no matter where you run. Regular socks cannot promise this because they do not have proper materials.
Running socks blend with the shape of your feet to provide you with extra comfort.
Also, running socks ensure that your feet are dry giving you utmost comfort even after using it for a long period of time.
How to choose the best women’s running socks?
You might have a misconception that running socks do not have many benefits. It is better to have a good pair of running socks rather than to have blisters. Running socks ensure that you can go the distance without your feet begging to be rescued.
Here are some of the factors that you should definitely consider.
Cushioning of the sock
It is vital that you choose socks that ensure the safety of your feet. Proper cushioning helps you ensure that the impact areas of your feet are protected at all times.
Socks that are very thick might affect the fit of your shoes. Socks that are very thin might increase the impact on your feet.
Cushioning on the part of the sock ensures that you do not suffer from blisters and we know irritating that is for you.
It is difficult to differentiate between running socks and regular socks. But if you take a close look at the cushioning and the placement of the elastic, the differences are obvious.
Running socks come with spandex in the right parts to ensure that your socks will stay in place and will not create a nuisance. The back of your foot is protected throughout the run.
Regular socks are usually made of cotton. When you run, you sweat and the socks hold your sweat and become wet. You will run wearing damp socks and this will cause blisters.
Running socks are made from wool and synthetic materials to keep your feet dry. This makes your running sessions very comfortable.
When deciding to get running socks you should be aware of the warmth that you want from your socks.
If you are running in cold conditions, you require a thicker pair running socks. When you run, your feet heat up and you require running socks with proper air circulation
It is vital that you get running socks with proper fit. Running socks with very tight fit will obstruct your blood circulation. If your sock is big and loose, it will rub and cause blisters.
So, a proper fit is very important.
Many runners who avoid running socks face this problem. Running socks have merino wool in them and this curbs odor.
Odor problems can be troublesome and embarrassing for you. So, use proper running socks to avoid this problem.
Running socks can be a tricky purchase and I hope the list that I made for you makes your work easy.
The best women’s running socks mentioned above will assist you to make a smart purchase.
I would go with the MudGear Trail Running Socks for Men and Women and I have valid reasons for this. This sock will help you run on multiple surfaces without a hiccup. Its cushioning is amazing and has moisture wicking properties that ensure breathability. And Yes, NO BLISTERS.
We have different preferences and requirements. I hope you select the one that fits all of your requirements.