Running shorts are the most comfortable wear for women who exercise on a daily basis.
If you are reading this article, we know that you try to hold onto your shorts as long as possible. We also know that you will wear your shorts even during the winter while you run on the treadmill.
We know how much you love these shorts and why not? Modern running shorts come with non-restrictive, breathable and sweat-wicking properties.
They make your run as comfortable as they can get and you can use them for not just running but other activities too.
You can look for the design and the fit that suits your fit. It is safe to say that running socks have a come a long way.
I have taken my time to watch out for the best women’s running shorts for you. I hope my picks will give you the right pair of shorts to fulfill your workout needs.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Picks of Best Women’s Running Shorts in 2018
- 10 Best Women’s Running Shorts Reviews in 2018
- 1. Nike Tempo Running Shorts
- 2. Adidas Women’s Running Woven M10 Shorts 3″ Inseam
- 3. Champion Women’s Mesh Short
- 4. Under Armour Women’s Printed Perfect Pace Short
- 5. Neleus Women’s Quick Dry Workout Yoga Running Shorts
- 6. ASICS Women’s Pocketed 3.5″ Shorts
- 7. Clothe Co. Ladies Moisture Wicking Sport Running Shorts Sizes XS-4XL
- 8. Champion Women’s Sport Short 5
- 9. Oiselle Women’s Long Roga Shorts
- 10. Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts
- What are The Benefits of Best Women’s Running Shorts?
- How to Choose The Best Women’s Running Shorts
Top 10 Picks of Best Women’s Running Shorts in 2018
10 Best Women’s Running Shorts Reviews in 2018
There are various options that you can choose from. I hope that I have made your job easy. Here are the 10 best women’s running shorts.
The Nike Tempo Running Shorts comes with the Nike Dri-Fit Technology. It is made from the innovative fabric that allows you proper moisture management, even in hot weather conditions.
The adjustable elastic waistband allows you to have a snug and comfortable fit. You can run freely, without having to worry about the fit.
The Built-in-Briefs makes sure that you will have proper support and comfort while you are exercising. The internal key pocket will also come handy as you can keep your keys and small items.
The mesh panel on the side of the shorts ensures breathability and comfort when you run. The curved hem allows your thigh to stretch, squat and stride freely. It also has a drawcord for added comfort while you run.
- The Dri-Fit technology allows you to properly manage moisture and lets you have a comfortable experience.
- The Nike Tempo Running Shorts comes with Built-in-Briefs which ensures that you have a proper fit and you can exercise freely.
- The adjustable elastic waistband of the Nike Tempo Running Shorts ensures proper fit.
- The Nike Tempo Running Shorts is highly durable and will accompany you daily.
- You will also love the style and color options.
- The mesh panel ensures breathability.
- The price of the Nike Tempo Running Shorts is very reasonable.
- The size of the Nike Tempo Running Shorts might be inconsistent at times.
The Adidas Women’s Running Woven M10 Shorts are your essential training basic which helps you on your daily run.
These shorts are made up of sweat – wicking Climalite technology. This feature keeps you dry and comfortable and ensures you can go the distance without any worry.
It comes with an inner pocket that allows you to easily store your keys and small electronic devices. It also has a drawcord to adjust your fit.
The Adidas Women’s Running Woven M10 Shorts is made up of 100% polyester. It also has proper breathability to ensure moisture management.
- The Adidas Women’s M10 Shorts is highly comfortable.
- The fit of the Adidas Women’s Running Woven M10 Shorts will also impress you.
- The Climalite technology ensures that you are dry and comfortable after a session.
- It also comes with an inner pocket which ensures that you can keep your keys and other smaller items properly.
- It is lightweight properties and materials used are of high-quality.
- You will love the design of the Adidas Women’s Running Woven M10 Shorts.
- The Adidas Women’s Running Woven M10 Shorts has a built-in underwear which might be unnecessary for you.
The Champion Women’s Mesh Short is lightweight and breathable which will allow you to have proper workout sessions. The mesh provides ventilation and cooling.
It comes with a silky smooth inner lining that stops rubbing and chafing. It has a wonderful fit and comes with a 4-inch inseam.
This shorts are machine washable and is made up of 100% polyester. The vibrant color of the Champion Women’s Mesh Short is impressive.
- The fabric of the Champion Women’s Mesh Short is soft and lightweight to give you utmost comfort.
- The fit of the Champion Women’s Mesh Short is snug and comfortable.
- The smooth inner lining of the Champion Women’s Mesh Short makes sure there is no rubbing and chafing.
- The price of the Champion Women’s Mesh Short is also very reasonable for the quality offered.
- There is no shrinkage after multiple uses and wash.
- The Champion Women’s Mesh Short has proper ventilation and cooling.
- The Champion Women’s Mesh Short does not have an inner pocket.
- The Champion Women’s Mesh Short also does not have an inner liner.
The Under Armour Shorts comes with an extremely comfortable fit. The shorts are lightweight, comes with fully perforated woven fabric for superior ventilation and utmost comfort for you.
The shorts have the signature Moisture Transport System that wicks sweat and ensures highly effective moisture management for your comfort.
The waistband has a high-quality elastic that gives you a perfect fit. It also has an interior zippered key pocket at the front hip.
The Under Armour Shorts comes with a 3-inch inseam and 100% polyester. It also has a 360-degree reflectivity for low-light safety.
- The Under Armour Shorts has excellent quality fabric for superior ventilation.
- The moisture management properties will keep you dry and comfortable.
- The fit of the Under Armour Shorts is excellent.
- The waistband keeps you comfortable and ensures a perfect fit.
- It comes with an interior zippered pocket to keep your keys and other smaller items.
- It has a 360-degree reflectivity which keeps you safe even you’re running under low light.
- If you have a curvy figure, this might not be very comfortable.
The Neleus Women’s Quick Dry Running Shorts is made up of 90% polyester, 10% spandex.
The lightweight properties and quick-dry fabric ensure that you are comfortable and dry. It is machine washable and will take very short time to dry.
The elastic waistband makes sure you have the fit that you prefer and the drawcord helps you to adjust accordingly.
The Neleus Women’s Quick Dry comes with a skin-friendly and soft fabric that offers a smooth and low-friction performance.
You can use this shorts for lounging, jogging, walking, running and other activities.
- The elastic waistband and drawcord of the Neleus Women’s Quick Dry Running Shorts ensure that you have a proper fit.
- The shorts have a multipurpose use.
- The shorts are lightweight and have quick dry fabric that ensures comfortable workout sessions.
- The price of the Neleus Women’s Quick Dry is very reasonable.
- The soft and skin-friendly fabric of the Neleus Women’s Quick Dry Running Shorts offers smooth running.
- The Neleus Women’s Quick Dry does not have an inner pocket.
The ASICS Women’s Pocketed 3.5″ Shorts is made for your daily runs. The small “v” cut ensures increased range of motion.
The lightweight internal brief liner keeps you cool and dry with its impressive ventilation. The inseam of the ASICS Women’s Pocketed 3.5″ Shorts is 3.5 inches.
It also has hand pockets which help you keep your stuff while also running freely. The logo of the shorts is reflective giving you safety under low-light conditions.
It is made up of 100% polyester and has a classic elastic bunch waistband.
- It has a comfortable internal brief liner that will keep you cool and dry.
- This shorts also comes with quality ventilation and quick-dry properties.
- The hand pockets of the ASICS Women’s Pocketed 3.5″ Shorts offer you storage of keys and smaller electronic devices.
- The reflectivity of the shorts ensures your safety under low-light conditions.
- The ASICS Women’s Pocketed 3.5″ Shorts has a great fit which will give you utmost comfort.
- You will also find the length of the shorts to be perfect.
- The size of the ASICS Women’s Pocketed 3.5″ Shorts might be inconsistent for you.
The Clothe Co. Ladies Shorts is made up of 100% moisture wicking polyester crepe jersey. It has a proper elastic waistband with drawcord and a 3.25” inseam.
The high-performance moisture control of Clothe Co. Ladies Shorts ensures proper breathability making your training sessions comfortable and sweat free.
Also, Tricot side panels provide breathability and add athletic style.
- The fit of the shorts is very impressive.
- The good quality material used by the Clothe Co. Ladies Running shorts makes your workout sessions very comfortable.
- The breathability of the shorts will address the problem of sweating by keeping you dry.
- The waistband and the drawcord of the Clothe Co. Ladies Running shorts let you have the fit that you want.
- The Clothe Co. Ladies Running shorts does not have a pocket.
The Champion Women’s Sport Short 5 is engineered to provide you an exceptional service when you run.
The moisture management technology of Champion Women’s Sport Short 5 keeps you cool, dry and comfortable. The quick-drying fabric ensures that moisture evaporates to keep you dry.
The inner underwear gives you secure coverage and drawcord ensures that you have the fit that you want.
It also has an outer stash pocket for your convenience and the inseam is 3.5 inches.
- The Champion Women’s Sport Short 5 has an exceptional moisture management system that helps you stay cool and dry.
- The quick drying fabric takes care of the moisture as it evaporates very quickly.
- The waistband ensures proper fit and the drawcord lets you adjust according to your wish.
- The outer stash pocket of the Champion Women’s Sport Short 5 lets you carry your keys and other items.
- The inner underwear in the shorts gives you a proper coverage.
- The price of the Champion Women’s Sport Short 5 is reasonable.
- The design of the shorts is very good.
- The side slits of the shorts might fly up on a windy day.
The Oiselle Women’s Long Roga Shorts is a perfect running partner for you. The 6” inseam gives you proper coverage and can be used for running, yoga, hiking, and other activities.
It has a technical liner with integrated pocket. Also, it has two zip pockets and one inner pocket.
It comes with an additional pocket and its size is substantial. It can let you hold your phone.
The Oiselle Women’s Long Roga Shorts is made up of 74% polyester and 26% spandex. It has a comfortable waistband and a drawstring which ensures proper fit.
It has a four way stretch for full motion and is machine washable.
- If you prefer a longer shorts, this is the one for you. It has 6” inseam which gives you proper coverage.
- It has multiple pockets and you can even keep a phone in your pocket.
- the Oiselle Women’s Long Roga Shorts can be used for multiple physical activities.
- The waistband ensures that you have a proper fit.
- It also has a drawstring that helps you to have the fit that you want.
- The Oiselle Women’s Long Roga Shorts is fitted but is not tight and it does not cause chafing.
- It does not shrink after regular use and washes.
- The Oiselle Women’s Long Roga Shorts is a bit pricey.
The Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts will accompany you to your daily runs with utmost perfection.
The Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts comes with a lightweight and stretch-woven fabric which ensures your comfort while you run.
The shorts have a wide, flat and knit powered waist with two pockets. One of the pockets is sweat resistant so that you can easily keep your phone. The side petal hem slits of the shorts ensure that you have a full range of motion.
The moisture-wicking mesh brief liner of the Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts makes sure that you feel comfortable after your run.
The Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts has a 3-inch inseam and is made up of 84% polyester and 16% spandex. It is also machine washable.
- The Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts is highly comfortable.
- The lightweight properties ensure that you can run freely.
- You will have two pockets and one in even sweat resistant.
- The high-quality materials used in the Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts makes it highly breathable.
- It also has a stylish design.
- The Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts dries very quickly as it is incorporated with top quality moisture management.
- The side petal slits also let you run free.
- The Brooks Women’s Chaser 3″ Shorts might slip down a bit during your run, which is uncomfortable.
What are The Benefits of Best Women’s Running Shorts?
Running shorts have many features which provide you with many benefits. Let’s take a look at the benefits of women’s running shoes.
The Materials Used in Running Shorts.
The materials used in running shorts ensure that you have a proper running experience. They make sure your runs are comfortable as they are made of materials such as polyester and spandex.
These materials ensure that you run freely and offer proper ventilation to keep you dry. Running shorts have proper moisture management. The materials used also decide your fit and proper materials means proper fit.
Size and Fit
Running shorts comes in various sizes to ensure you can choose the one that best fits your requirements.
Most running shorts come with built in briefs which let you have a proper fit. This makes your daily workout sessions comfortable.
Proper size and fit ensure that you do not have skin irritations as you might be running long distances.
Yes, these are running socks but they are not just for running. They are so comfortable that you can wear it for other activities too.
You can use them for hikes, yoga or simply spend a lazy Saturday afternoon doing nothing.
This multi-purpose attribute of running shorts makes it so beneficial.
It is no secret that running shorts are highly comfortable. They have proper waistbands which make sure that it fits you right and you feel comfortable. The drawcord lets you adjust to whatever you are comfortable with.
The ventilation provided by most shorts ensure to keep you dry after you sweat. This not just provides comfort but also gives your skin a break from irritations caused by sweating.
You will also find running shorts of various design and sizes. Choose the one that suits you the most.
Most running shorts come with additional features such as an inner pocket or multiple pockets. This might not sound like a lot but you will thank yourself for buying shorts with pockets.
These pockets let you keep your keys and some even have space to accommodate your phone.
The liners of running socks are made up of breathable fabric which makes sure that you are comfortable and can go the distance.
How to Choose The Best Women’s Running Shorts
You will definitely be confused when you look at an extensive selection of running shorts. Well, you’re not the only one who has felt that.
When you find out that certain type of running shorts have features which enhance your running, you will look at this matter a bit differently.
Here are the factors that you should take into consideration before you purchase the best women’s running shorts.
The inseam length of your shorts helps you determine the coverage as well as your movement. If your shorts have a shorter length, there is an optimal range of motion. Shorts with longer length ensure that you have extra coverage and protection.
If you are running competitively, the shorter length would be suitable for you. It ultimately boils down to the what you find comfortable to wear.
The liners in shorts are made up of lightweight breathable fabric which helps in moisture management. It is designed to wick moisture away from your skin.
Liners protect your skin from chafing in places that you don’t want. Linears ensure that you can go miles without any issues.
Waistband ensures that you have proper comfort and fit. You can select a wider or a thinner waistband that best suits your fit.
Also. you can select a pair of shorts with or without a drawcord.
Split shorts have slits at the side that provides you with a greater range of motion.
You have the option to choose from ¼, ½, and ¾ lengths. This gives you the option to choose what best suits you.
You must be aware that the higher the split rises, wider the panels of the shorts open up. This grants your leg to move freely.
This factor is also very important. The storage in your shorts allows you to keep your keys, sunscreen, and your media device too.
Shorts come with drop pockets, internal envelope pockets, and zippered pockets. These pockets allow you to run freely.
Minimal shorts have very little or no space for storage. So, choose the one that best suits your running condition.
Fitted shorts have a stretchy construction and give you a snug fit. I would recommend fitted shorts if you are a high-performance runner. It is because fitted shorts offer a high degree of movement.
There are many shorts that you will find when you look from a distance. But, when you take a closer look you will see the subtle differences. Mind you, these subtle differences make a lot of difference.
I hope my job of making your selection of best women’s running shorts a fruitful one.
The running shorts that I personally prefer is the Nike Tempo Running Shorts and I have my reasons. The revolutionary Dri-Fit technology ensures high-quality moisture management. The built-in-briefs make sure you have a proper fit and lets you run free and it has amazing durability.
Lastly, I encourage you to choose the one that fulfills your demand and your requirements.
Don’t stop running. Cheers!