When you want to stay in shape but not go outdoors, treadmill is the answer. It is one of the most popular types of home equipments.
Treadmills ensure that you stay active and is also a very convenient way of exercising. Time is of the essence for most of us and it might be difficult to travel to a gym regularly. Once again, treadmill is the answer.
Best Treadmills for Running Under $500 – Quick Pick
If you’re in a hurry, here are our two favorite treadmills for running under $500 in this review.
You can watch your favorite TV show or listen to music and 30 minutes later you have completed a productive session.
Let’s be honest here, we don’t to spend a fortune on treadmills but we want to stay active and fit.
To make your search easier, I have assembled the best treadmills for running under $500.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 picks of best Treadmill for running under $500 in 2018
- 10 Best Treadmills for running under $500 Reviews in 2018
- 1. ANCHEER Treadmill Touch Screen App Control F1
- 2. Folding Portable Wireless Intelligent Indoor Commercial Home Treadmill Running Machine
- 3. ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill
- 4. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- 5. Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill
- 6. Merax JK1603E Easy Assembly Folding Electric Treadmill Motorized Running Machine
- 7. Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill
- 8. Goplus 800W Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Power Fitness Running Machine
- 9. Goplus 2.25HP Folding Treadmill Electric Support Motorized Power Running
- 10. ANCHEER 502 Folding Electric Treadmill, Easy Assembly Motorized Running Machine
- What are the Benefits of Running Machine?
- How to Choose the Best Treadmill for running under $500
Top 10 picks of best Treadmill for running under $500 in 2018
10 Best Treadmills for running under $500 Reviews in 2018
Here are the 10 best treadmills for running under $500 that you can select from. I hope this makes your job easier.
This treadmill comes with the APP Smart Health Advisor. You will have a virtual personal trainer and you will get your health report. It supports IOS and Android system
The LCD touch screen display has will provide you with information such as time, speed, distance, and calories. It also has a Bluetooth connection.
The handrail of Ancheer Treadmill is comfortable and has an exceptional design. It has anti-slip anti-static lawn texture belt.
Ancheer Treadmill will not require you to assemble. You can easily fold the treadmill after use as well. It is portable thus saving you space.
It comes with a 2 years warranty on frame and 3 years warranty for the motor. Also, their friendly customer service will help you out in case of any difficulties.
- It comes with a good cushioning thus providing you with a good shock absorption.
- You can fold it quickly and store it, saving you space.
- You will not have a headache regarding installation. You can unfold it and run directly.
- Its app control feature will make your run easier and you can also keep track.
- It is durable and has good quality materials used.
- It creates low noise during use.
- The touch screen also makes you run easier as you will not have to make much effort to press a button.
- It does not have a heart monitor.
- Also, there is no space for water bottles.
This treadmill has a wireless intelligent control. It supports Bluetooth and smartphone APP connect.
You can download a software called ‘G-Fit’. With the help of this software, you can mobile to the machine. This helps you to set your personal training plan.
The structure of this treadmill by Oanon is strong. The steel frame of this treadmill gives optimum performance.
This treadmill folds down easily giving you free space and it can also be easily stored. The rolling wheels on the bottom also make your job easier as you can easily transport the treadmill.
The LCD monitor is also very helpful. It displays the time, speed, distance, heart rate, calories, and programs.
It also comes with MP3, speaker, Bluetooth, and auto lubrication system.
- You will love the intelligent wireless system as it lets you connect with your device. You can listen to music during your workout session.
- The programs on this treadmill give you a customized feel as you can work out choosing the program that you like.
- You can store the treadmill anywhere you want.
- Its strong steel frame will provide durability
- The auto lubrication system makes sure that you can lubricate your treadmill easily ensuring its longevity.
- The LCD screen gives you proper detail about your workout session.
- The absence of heart monitor is disappointing.
- There is also no space for water bottles and towels.
The ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill is mid-ranged priced treadmill. It comes with a 2.0 continuous horsepower. It creates a high level of inertia giving you a smooth as well as quiet in home performance.
The speed ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill goes up to 10 mph. You can also adjust your speed accordingly.
The incline of this treadmill can also be adjusted from 0 to 10% to adjust to the type of muscle group you want to work on. The ProShox cushioning on the deck ensures the safety of your knee and joints.
It also has heart rate monitoring through dual handlebar grip. It is also iPod compatible.
The EasyLift Assist telescoping shock helps you lift and fold the deck. It makes your job of storage easy.
The warranty of frame and motor is 5 year. For parts and labor, it is just 90 days.
- The ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill gives you a comfortable running.
- It has a pretty decent speed of 10mph and adjusting the speed is also very easy.
- Its heart rate monitoring is very beneficial.
- The incline goes up to 15% ensuring that you can up the level of your workouts accordingly.
- The ProShox cushioning protects your knee and joints.
- It is portable and will save space for you.
- You can also adjust your speed and incline at the push of a button.
- The warranty on parts and labor is just for 90 days. Very disappointing considering it is 5 years for frame and motor.
- The heart rate monitors are located on the handlebars which will not be very comfortable for you.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is an entry-level treadmill. It comes with a Comfort Cell Cushioning that does not let your knees and joints be harmed from the impact.
It can also be folded quickly, saving you space and making your job of storing the treadmill easily.
It comes with 2.25 continuous horsepower and has a total speed of 10mph.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill has a two position manual incline and a proper heart rate monitoring. It has a total weight capacity of 250 pounds.
The LCD screen display makes your workout session convenient. The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill has 6 profile programs.
The warranty on the motor is 1 year and 90 days for parts and labor.
- Price will be a huge motivation for you to buy.
- The six workout programs ensure that you have proper workout sessions.
- It saves you a lot of space as it can be stored easily.
- It comes with an adequate 2.25 CHP ensuring proper workout sessions.
- You will also find the speed of Weslo Cadence G 5.9 good for your sessions.
- The LCD screen also makes your job more convenient.
- The Comfort Cell Cushioning protects your knees and joints from impact during runs.
- You might find the track of Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill very small.
- It may create more noise compared to other treadmills.
- The warranty is very short for parts and labor which is just 90 days.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill comes with 50” height, 27” width and 62” length and can accommodate 220 pounds.
It has 2.20 Horsepower and the total speed is 9mph. You can adjust your speed with the help of control keys on the handrails.
The incline options on the Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill can let you customize your workouts according to the intensity of your choice. It can also be folded easily so can be transported easily.
It has an LCD screen and 9 in-built programs. The warranty on the frame is one year and 90 days for the parts.
- The 9 inbuilt programs give you ample workout sessions without making it monotonous.
- The price of the Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is also very competitive.
- It tracks your time, distance, speed, calories and pulse. It also tracks your Body Mass Index (BMI).
- The speed control is on the handrails which will be very convenient for you.
- You can easily keep your smartphone on the ledge.
- The speed of 10 mph is good considering the price.
- It has a three level incline but the highest it can go is just 5%. This is not enough to raise your workout standard.
- The track size is also small which might be difficult for you.
- The warranty on the frame is very disappointing.
The Merax JK1603E is an affordable treadmill that fulfills your requirements of daily running.
It comes with 3 incline settings. It has 3 workout programs which make your sessions engaging.
The Merax JK1603E has a decent LCD screen which tracks time speed, distance, pulse and calories. The speed of this treadmill goes up to 6.2 mph.
The cushioned running track and quiet electric motors ensure that you have comfortable workout sessions. It also comes with a safety emergency stop key ensuring you can stop when necessary.
The Merax JK1603E can be easily folded when not in use and stored, saving you space. It can hold up to 220 pounds. The warranty is 1-year for the frame.
- The Merax JK1603E is compact and can be stored easily when you’re not using it.
- It has 3 levels of incline for your workout sessions.
- This treadmill has a manual program and you can customize it. The existing programs offer high or low-intensity workouts.
- The cushioned running tracks ensure you will not have knee or joint pain.
- You can easily track your progress with the help of the LCD screen.
- The Merax JK1603E is also very easy to assemble.
- The Merax JK1603E has a maximum speed of just 6.2 mph.
- The running track is just 14 inches wide which might create an issue for you.
- The incline setting has to be set manually.
The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 has a good quality when compared to its price. This treadmill gives you the desired level of performance.
It has a height of 55.5”, the width of 29” and its length is 64.5”. The total weight of this treadmill is 117 pounds.
The Comfort Cell Cushioning reduces the stress on your knees and joints and helps in maximizing stride impact absorption. It can also be folded and stored easily.
The total speed is 10 mph and motor power is 2.5 continuous horsepower. The manual incline has two positions.
The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 has a heart rate sensor and can hold a total of 250 pounds. It comes with a blue tint LCD display and 6 profile programs.
The warranty is 1 year for motor and 90 days for parts and labor.
- The design of Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill is compact and efficient.
- It is easy to assemble making your job very easy.
- The six workout programs will give you enough sessions to work out.
- The Comfort Cell Cushioning of Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill gives your knee and joints protection.
- The total speed of Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill is 10 mph, which is very impressive.
- It also comes with a heart sensor.
- The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill has a very small track.
- It can be a bit noisy which will surely be irritating for you.
- The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill has a manual incline which might be bothersome for you.
The Goplus 800W is a capable treadmill and comes with a very reasonable price tag. It is highly durable and portable.
The frame of this treadmill is made of high-quality steel and can hold the total weight of 220 pounds. The belt has a length of 38.2” and a width of 14”.
The Space Saving design of Goplus 800W is exceptional. It can be folded and stored easily. The holder also accommodates a mobile phone or iPad easily.
In the case of emergency, you can press the stop button on the handrail. The LED display keeps track of your heart rate, speed, distance, time and calories.
The total speed of Goplus 800W is 6.5 mph.
- The Goplus 800W is very durable for your daily use.
- It is portable too. You can easily store this treadmill.
- It is quite secure as the stop button is on the handrails.
- The LED display is pretty impressive for the price you pay.
- The Goplus 800W can also accommodate your phone.
- The total speed of Goplus 800W is 6.5mph.
- The size of this treadmill may also not give you ample space.
The Goplus 2.25HP is a treadmill that will help you stay in shape while you exercise at home. It has 2.25 horsepower which provides interval, speed, and endurance training.
The total weight capacity of Goplus 2.25HP is 220 pounds.
It has a foldable and adjustable incline design. This means you can fold your treadmill safely and store it without any problem.
It has 3 levels of incline which will assist you in burning more calories and tone your muscle. The total speed of Goplus 2.25HP is 7.5 mph. You can select the different speed to suit your condition. It has 12 programs available. So, choose the one that suits you.
It has a blue-ray LCD display. It also has an adequate holder for your mobile phones. The Goplus 2.25HP has an emergency stop button on the handrail.
The cushioning design is going to protect your knees and joints.
- It will save you space and it is very easy to store.
- The 12 programs provide you with diverse workout sessions.
- The LCD display makes your work of tracking your progress easy.
- You can also easily store your mobile phone.
- The cushioning system helps to reduce the impact on your knees and joints.
- The Goplus 2.25HP is very easy to assemble.
- You might find the 2.25 horsepower quite disappointing.
- You might not find the total speed of 7.5 mph adequate.
The ANCHEER 502 is designed to make your workout sessions at home lively.
This treadmill is foldable and movable. This makes your storage very easy. It has an LCD display helps to monitor your time, distance and pace.
It comes with 12 coaching programs. So, you can choose between burning fats or increasing your stamina.
The ANCHEER 502 has a heart rate monitor. You can find out your coronary heart price and simply insert your thumb on the heart beat sensor of the handrail.
The easy self-lubrication of the ANCHEER 502 makes your job very easy. The warranty on the ANCHEER 502 is two years for body and three years for the motor.
The motor of the ANCHEER 502 comes with a horsepower of mere 1.5. The total speed is 6.2 mph.
- The portability of the ANCHEER 502 will impress you.
- It has 12 coaching programs which provide you with multiple options to exercise and avoid monotonous sessions.
- It comes with a heart rate monitor which keeps track of your heart.
- The self-lubrication of the ANCHEER 502 is very impressive. You don’t waste much time on it and can have a smooth run.
- The display of the ANCHEER 502 is also very impressive. It helps you track your progress.
- The construct of this treadmill is very sturdy.
- You will find the 1.5 horsepower of ANCHEER 502 very disappointing.
- The total speed of the ANCHEER 502 is just 6.2 mph.
What are the Benefits of Running Machine?
Treadmills have multiple benefits. It helps you to stay in shape and also saves your precious time. Let’s discuss its benefits in detail. Shall we?
It is easy to use
Using a treadmill is a no brainer, you just need to get on it and run. If you are a person who is not fond of running outdoors, your treadmill will be the ultimate fitness partner.
Treadmills have flat and predictable surface and you don’t have to worry about a stone popping out of nowhere. It is easy to use, very easy to be honest.
Shed those extra kilos
Don’t you want to lose some weight? Well, the treadmill is the answer for you but there’s a catch. You need to run.
. You can shed further calories by increasing your speed.
Another tip, if you have a perfect combination of proper diet and exercise routine, those kilos won’t be hanging around a long time.
Keep track of Your Progress
You will be under total control if you can keep track your progress, right? Well, no prizes for guessing as treadmill is again the answer.
Most of them come with digital monitors. They calculate the distance and time of your run, keep track of the calories you’ve burnt.
Some even let you know how much you’ve improved over time. Who needs a personal trainer, right?
Programs for Your Workout
If you have a treadmill with a digital monitor, chances are that it has various workout programs in store for you. Go! Explore them.
These workout programs have different speed and incline to make your session challenging. Guess who is ripping the benefits? You!
A Healthier Heart
A good cardiovascular workout will do your heart some good. An improved health will go a long way.
Let’s put it this way, each time you step on a treadmill, your heart becomes happier. Also, you will lower your blood pressure and helps to get the blood flowing.
A workout session can help reduce your bad cholesterol and diminish your bad cholesterol.
Boost the Flexibility of Your Joint.
You can keep your joint flexible and healthy if you exercise regularly. A moderate-paced workout session will help your joints.
Also, when you walk or run on a treadmill, you will prevent the impact on your joints. The softer surface of treadmills ensures that you have loose joints and you don’t have unnecessary pain.
Improve Stamina and Endurance.
You will improve stamina and muscular endurance over time if you exercise regularly. Treadmills ensure that you get fitter by the day.
Beginners should start slow and challenge yourself over time. This will also help you to tone your muscle. The incline feature will also make your workouts challenging.
How to Choose the Best Treadmill for running under $500
It is vital that you choose the treadmill that best suits your requirements. I have pointed out some of the important factors that you should keep in mind.
Number of Users
Chances are that you’re not the only person in the house. It is vital that you consider the number of users.
You should look for a treadmill that suits not only you but everyone who uses it.
You should look for a treadmill that has proper electronic features. Yes, you should also be aware of your budget.
You are in for a treat if your treadmill has proper features. It can track your progress.
These features will keep you up to date with your progress and also helps you achieve your target.
Proper Shock Absorption
You should look for a treadmill that has proper shock absorption system. It is vital because your knees and joints will thank you later.
Cushioning negates the impact, keeping your knees and joints safe.
You should avoid very soft cushioning as it may lead to unwanted knee damage. But also avoid treadmills that make you feel that you’re running on top of rocks.
Treadmills with Proper Motors
The motor on your treadmill determines the power of your treadmill. Still, the motor does not determine the treadmill, you do.
For running, a treadmill with the power of 2.0 is good enough.
Easy to Use
It is vital that you choose a treadmill that has workout programs but should not take much time to decipher. I mean it should be easy to use.
A treadmill should be well programmed but comfortable to use.
You should be aware of the safety features of a treadmill.
Things that you should look for is safety key and belt speed. Also, check the console grips along with handrails.
Your treadmill should be designed in an effective manner and your runs should be comfortable.
The treadmill that you choose should have an incline. The treadmill incline lets you burn more calories in an efficient manner.
Treadmills can be inclined up to 20 percent. So, it is vital that you choose a treadmill with suitable incline while also taking other users under consideration.
You should be aware of the safety features of the treadmill that you are going to purchase.
Factors such as safety key and belt speed should be taken into consideration. Also, look out for handrails and console grips to ensure your safety.
It is no use if you can’t run on a treadmill freely. So, the treadmill should be efficiently designed and adequate measures should be taken.
You should be aware that treadmill is for daily usage. It is an investment so you should be really careful.
You should look for a treadmill that has proper coverage on the motor, deck, belt and other parts.
Choose the treadmill that has low maintenance cost. It is a machine so you must take care of it. You cannot entirely get away without some cost.
There are many treadmills that you can select. I have narrowed down the options for you.
I hope I’ve made your job of finding the best treadmill for running under $500 easier.
Personally, the ANCHEER Treadmill Touch Screen App Control F1 is the one I prefer. The top class cushioning which helps in shock absorption will protect your knees and joints. Also, its portability and durability are amazing.
Ultimately, it is up to you to select the treadmill of your choice. Choose the one that ticks all the boxes for you because it is an investment.
Stay healthy and Happy Running.