Treadmills are one the most important types of cardio fitness equipment. You can use it daily without having to a gym. It is bound to save your precious time.
While the obvious benefits are that you don’t have to run on concrete floors anymore. Treadmills have cushioned tracks that brace impacts and gives your joints a well-deserved break.
Best Treadmills for Running Under $1000 – Quick Pick
If you’re in a hurry, here are our two favorite treadmills for running under $1000 in this review.
You can stay at home without having to drive to your gym and wait for your turn. You can put on your favorite TV and 30 minutes later you’ve completed a solid session and visually treated yourself.
Well, looking for the best treadmill for running under $1000 can be a challenge for you.
There are many treadmills in the market that will turn your head. I have gone ahead and put together a collection of 10 best treadmills for running under $1000.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Picks of Best Treadmills for Running Under $1000 in 2019
- 10 Best Treadmills for Running Under $1000 Reviews in 2019
- 1. Nautilus 618 Treadmill
- 2. Xterra Fitness TR6.6 Treadmill, Black
- 3. Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill
- 4. Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill
- 5. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
- 6. SpanLife TR1200i Folding Treadmill
- 7. Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
- 8. Schwinn 830 Treadmill
- 9. ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill
- 10. ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
- What are the Benefits of Treadmills?
- How to choose the Best Treadmills for Running?
Top 10 Picks of Best Treadmills for Running Under $1000 in 2019
10 Best Treadmills for Running Under $1000 Reviews in 2019
Out of so many treadmills, I have been able to select 10 Best Treadmills for Running Under $1000. I hope I’ve made your job easier.
The Nautilus T618 is a spacious treadmill. It is roughly three feet wide and six feet long and it has a total weight of about 250 pounds.
The Nautilus 618 can be folded without a headache or you can be pushed into a vertical position. This offers to save some space and can be stored anywhere. It can be restored when required and will fall back slowly and gently.
The 3.5 CHP motor in Nautilus 618 can support speed up to 12 mph. This motor will offer you a good deal of power. However, for marathon running, a machine with the power 4.0 is recommended.
The Nautilus 618 also has a second motor which powers the treadmill’s incline. This pushes the track to almost 15% angle, to provide an extra challenge to you and prepare you for outdoor routes.
The cushioning on the T618 is quite firm at the point of push-off and softer in the landing zone at the front of the track. This is called rebound cushioning and it helps you to negate impact.
The high-quality belt will give you a smooth service. The cardio trainer in Nautilus 618 is provided with a wireless heart rate monitoring. It has the ability to store your workout data through bluetooth connection. It can also be connected to various fitness apps.
The trainer has media shelf and speakers. Also, it is equipped with a three-speed fan, a water bottle holder, and a towel rack.
- The Nautilus 618 has an exceptional collection of 26 workout programs. The treadmill focuses on your cardiovascular endurance as well as weight loss.
- The treadmill can be paired with your device via bluetooth and it will also provide with an assessment which will help you identify your progress.
- You will love the rebound cushioning on Nautilus 618 that will reduce impacts on the knees and other joints.
- The Nautilus 618 will also save space for you as the deck can be folded upward after use.
- The Belt system is of high quality and you will find that the track surface measures 20” wide and 60” long.
- The high capacity motor will give you abundant power.
- It can also help you prepare for outdoor runs as I can be inclined to a maximum of 15% angle.
- You can also monitor your heart rate.
- In case you lose balance, the lanyard and retractable cord will stop the belt.
- The media shelf will also hold your devices without any risk.
- You might find the machine a bit heavy as compared to others.
- The below average warranty of the motor might not impress.
There are several treadmills available in the market but if you are in search of a good quality treadmill, Xterra Fitness TR6.6 is the one for you.
The quality/price ratio of the Xterra Fitness TR6.6 is commendable. It is laden with features and will be an ideal choice for you. It can easily go the distance and you will also love its durability.
The Xterra Fitness TR6.6 has a weight of 265 pounds and can easily support around 350 pounds. The Motor is equipped with 3.0 CHP.
The inclination can go up to 15% which is suitable if you are also preparing for outdoor runs.
The Xterra Fitness TR6.6 can easily reach the speed level of 12mph.
You would pick a treadmill has a wonderful deck. It is well built and like mentioned earlier, it can easily accommodate 350 pounds.
The amazing cushioning system will reduce the strain on your joints and help you run longer.
The Xterra Fitness TR6.6 has an exceptional running surface which is supported by the steel-made frame. The front portion of the of the frame is accommodated with four transport wheels which help in moving after it is folded.
The motor is silent and does not irritate you on your runs. The powerful 3 CHP will cover as much distance as you want.
You will love the built-in sound system and you can also keep your water bottles on the side.
The Xterra Fitness TR6.6 offers 12 training programs. You can customize your running and set a well-rounded routine for yourself.
The task of assembling the Xterra Fitness TR6.6 is not a big deal. You will need another person for help as it is heavy.
Maintenance is not a big deal too. The belt should be lubricated after every 90 hours.
- You will like the spacious belt of Xterra Fitness TR6.6. It is comparatively larger as compared to the older ones.
- When you have the need to push yourself further, the Xterra Fitness TR6.6 is the one for you. You can incline up to 15% to prepare yourself for outdoor challenges.
- The Xterra Fitness TR6.6 comes with 7 manual programs and 2 programs which are heart rate controlled. This will make your job of tracking yourself easy.
- The Xterra Fitness TR6.6 has a cooling fan, bottle holders and deck cushioning which will definitely impress you.
- It saves you space and comes in two attractive designs, black, and silver.
- Another cool feature that you will love is the adjustable cushioning which help in reducing the impact of your strides.
- The Xterra Fitness TR6.6 comes with a lifetime warranty for frame and motor. It also has 5-year warranty for the deck and 2 years for parts.
- Despite have multiple programs, you might find the options rather limited and you might find it a bit monotonous.
- Most treadmills you find have a capacity of 400 pounds while the Xterra Fitness TR6.6 has the capacity of 350 pounds.
The Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 is an entry-level treadmill. It is a compact treadmill offered by the globally known brand Gold’s Gym Fitness.
It has a 20” by 55” running area and you can easily fold the treadmill as it is made from the SpaceSaver technology.
The drive system of Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 is accommodated with G-Force 2 motor. It also has a cushioning system that assists you during your run.
Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 has a race tracking display. You can also monitor your heart rate with the help of PowerPulse heart rate monitor that is built in hand grips.
You can go up to 10 mph on this treadmill. Incline changes can be made very quickly as it is incorporated with QuickSelect keys.
Gold’s Gym offers you a lifetime warranty on the frame, 25 years coverage on the motor, and 1-year coverage on parts and labor.
- The folding design of Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 is very good. If you have a limited workout space you will love the SpaceSaver design that allows you to fold easily.
- The price of Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 is also very reasonable.
- The deck cushioning will provide you with AirStride Cushioning that helps you avoid injuries.
- If you look at the price point, the warranty of Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 is pretty decent.
- The Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 has 18 programmed workouts. This ensures that you have intense workouts.
- You might find the display screen a bit small and narrow.
- You might also find that Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 is not durable after using it for a considerable time.
- You might also find the running area to be a bit cramped.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is laden with features despite commanding a lower price.
It has 9 working our programs and also the manual mode.
It has a weight capacity of 220 pounds and inbuilt for people of average size.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill can go up to 9mph. It also has a 2.2 HP drive.
The running surface consists of 16”x 49” and it has a modest LCD which shows the speed, distance, time and calories burned. It can also calculate BMI.
- The reasonable price of Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is a plus point for you.
- The manual mode and 9 programs included on the Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is very appealing.
- It has a modest computer but shows all the important data such as time, distance, speed, calories burned and pulse.
- You will find the speed control on the handrails to give you optimum experience during workouts.
- You will also like the ledge that can support your device.
- It occupies less space as compared to others. Further, it can be folded to be more compact.
- The Small incline of Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill might not impress you. It can go up to just about 5% which is very low.
- The track size is also small which might not impress you.
- The Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill can handle just 220 pounds make its capacity very limited for you.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S is an entry-level treadmill which is designed for home use.
It has a 2.6 continuous HP motor that helps you exercise properly and it also has a self cooling capability.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S is equipped with a non-flex rear roller. The rollers help in extending the life of the motor and drive system while ensuring that there are limited wear and tear of the belt.
It has the speed limit of 10 mph and you can adjust the speed according to your choice.
The incline of NordicTrack T 6.5 S goes up to 10% which will help you to work more and reduce more calories.
The flexselect cushioning system in the NordicTrack T 6.5 S helps you to cut out the impact on your knees and joints. Your heart rate can also be monitored with the help of CardioGripTM.
The Innovative EasyLiftTM Assist of NordicTrack T 6.5 S helps you to fold the deck and this makes your job of cleaning and storage easier.
- The NordicTrack T 6.5 S is an iFit compatible treadmill. iFit can help deliver customized workout for you which has been designed by certified trainers.
- Even without iFit, you will have 20 workout routines which will help you burn your calories and also prepares you for endurance training.
- The NordicTrack T 6.5 S can incline up to 10%. This will further tone your muscle and increases your metabolism rate.
- You will also love the on/off Runner’s Flex cushioning as it absorbs the impact of your stride.
- If you have a small space for exercising you will love the NordicTrack T 6.5 S as it has SpaceSaver technology.
- The NordicTrack T 6.5 S can hold up to 300 pounds.
- You will be disappointed with NordicTrack T 6.5 S as it does not have a wireless pulse receiver.
- It also does not have a personal cooling fan.
- The small rollers of NordicTrack T 6.5 S are quite disappointing. The more expensive treadmills have 2.5” while it has 1.9” rollers.
- The one-year parts warranty is not at all attractive.
The LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill is durable and efficient.
It stores health and fitness information by connecting your treadmill to collect exercise data. The Intelli-Guard safety feature automatically pauses the belt if you step off the treadmill.
The Intelli-Guard system also counts your steps and displays it on your console. the EZfold technology also offers you the chance to save space and lets your store it easily.
The LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill has large 2.5” rollers and 2” rear roller for dynamic performance.
The incline is 15% which helps you improve on your running standard. It is also MP3 compatible.
- The LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill provides you with multiple programs. You will find 17 preset programs, 2 heart rate control programs, and 2 customized programs.
- You will get to choose three intensity levels for the preset programs.
- The durability and the performance of the belt will impress you.
- The powerful 2.5 CHP motor will give optimum performance.
- You will also like the speed of LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill which is 11 mph.
- The LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill has a feature which saves data from your workout.
- The buttons on the handlebars of LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill can manipulate the workout intensity.
- You will get full life protection on the frame and motor, three years on parts and one year of labor.
- You will be disappointed as there is no fan in this treadmill.
- LifeSpan’s data tracking service is provided for mere 4 months and it can only be used after paying a subscription fee.
The Horizon Fitness T101-04 is one the best treadmills in its price range. It has a 2.25 HP motor which functions at an optimum level.
The Horizon Fitness T101-04 has the speed of 10 mph. The 20” x 55” treadmill belt will be suitable for you.
It is easy to use and is accompanied with 30 built in workout programs which will engage you. The 10% incline is also good enough to increase your workout load.
The Horizon Fitness T101-04 satisfactory cushioning system. The solid build quality of Horizon Fitness T101-04 is also commendable. It can also accommodate about 250 pounds.
It is a folding treadmill which offers space and makes moving it around a bit easier for you.
- If you compare the price and the performance of this treadmill, you will find it very reasonable.
- The warranty on Horizon Fitness T101-04 is also very respectable as it is not so expensive.
- You will also love the multiple exercise programs in Horizon Fitness T101-04.
- The incline on Horizon Fitness T101-04 is 10%. It helps you challenge yourself to improve and increases your metabolism rate.
- You can also monitor your pulse with the dual grip monitoring system.
- It is portable. The Horizon Fitness T101-04 can be stored and transported easily.
- If you are a tall person, you might find the track to be a bit short.
- You might also not be fully satisfied with the horsepower of Horizon Fitness T101-04.
- There are other treadmills with better cushioning which you might prefer.
The Schwinn 830 is a highly convenient treadmill. It has a SoftDrop folding system that lets you move around your treadmill easily.
The SoftTrack cushioning system has four cells which make your runs very smooth. You will also enjoy quiet workouts because the Schwinn 830 has large 2.5” crowned rollers.
The motor has a 2.75 continuous horse power. The total speed of the Schwinn 830 is 12mph.
The Schwinn 830 can incline from 0-12%, making your runs more challenging if you increase your inclination.
It also has a 3-speed cooling fan and can accommodate about 300 pounds.
- The design of Schwinn 830 is compact and portable, you can easily fold and store your treadmill.
- The consoles of Schwinn 830 is very good. You can hold your books and bottles.
- It has a respectable 2.75 HP that will give you optimum performance.
- The Schwinn 830 has a blue backlit screen that displays your workout data and is clearly visible under low light conditions.
- The 22 programs in Schwinn 830 will give you a variety to work upon.
- The Schwinn treadmills are slowly being removed from the market to make way for other products. So, you might have problems about proper after sales service.
- While it has 10-year warranty, some parts are only guaranteed for 90 days.
- You might find the track of Schwinn 830 quite short.
The ProForm Performance 400i has 2.5 continuous horsepower. It offers smooth operation and emits negligible noise.
It can go up to 10 mph and you can manipulate the speed according to your preference. You can also adjust your incline from 0-10% without losing any time. One touch button can control your speed as well as incline.
The ProShox cushioning on the deck helps you to avoid knee and joint pain. Integrated holder allows you to insert your device and listen to your favorite music.
The EasyLift Assist telescoping shocks help you to lift and store easily. It has 18 inbuilt programs which you can choose from. It also has round watts LED display.
- The SpaceSaver technology helps you to save space and you can store your ProForm Performance 400i easily.
- The 18 inbuilt programs are divided into “Tempo” and “Interval Training”. You will be pleased when you see your treadmill adjust automatically to the speed and incline.
- The power incline can be changed according to your choice.
- The ProShox cushioning is very good for your knees and joints.
- You will also like the heart rate sensors that are built into the handlebars.
- You can also listen to music while you exercise.
- You will not have a workout fan.
- You might also find the track of ProForm Performance 400i to be short.
- The warranty on the parts is just one year.
The ProForm 505 CST is a treadmill that has a great value for money. The ProShox Lite 3 cushioning helps you to maximize joint protection.
The space saver design of ProForm 505 CST allows the deck to be folded and easy to store.
You can also customize your workout with the help of iFit technology. The speed is 10 mph and the treadmill has 2.5 continuous horse power.
You can also incline from 0-10% at the push of a button. The heart rate monitoring of ProForm 505 CST is also very impressive. The total weight that the ProForm 505 CST can withstand is 300 pounds.
- You will find the price of ProForm 505 CST is very reasonable compared to its price.
- The SpaceSaver design helps you to lift and store your treadmill easily.
- It has 18 inbuilt programs which will give you multiple options to train.
- The motor is 2.5 CHP and provides a decent service.
- The ProForm 505 CST offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, 25 years on motor and 1 year on parts.
- You might find the running area a bit cramped.
- The speed of 10 mph might not be enough for you if you increase your tempo.
What are the Benefits of Treadmills?
Treadmills are the great gift of science which has proven itself to be an effective way of staying in shape. Let’s have a look at some of the benefits of treadmills for us human beings.
Simple to Use
There are various exercise equipments that we can use but the treadmill is one of the easiest to use. When you are hesitant to go outdoors and worry about the terrain, treadmill will do the trick for you.
The flat and smooth surface provided by the treadmill will make your run a predictable one. It is convenient and it’s simplicity makes your job of staying healthy possible.
Isn’t losing your weight a dream? Well, this dream is achievable when you have a treadmill.
A 150-pound person burns about 136 calories running 5 mph for 15 minutes. You can burn more if you increase your speed. A healthy diet and planned workout sessions can work wonders for you.
Also, it is possible to burn more calories on a treadmill by following the High-Intensity Interval training (HIIT) Principle. It is a form of interval training which has Keep Your Progress in Check
Modern treadmills let you track your progress. With the help of digital monitors, you can check out the important stats. The distance, calories burned, time and many other factors.
There are treadmills that save your daily progress and let you know about your improvements. Talk about a smart machine. Tracking your progress can be vital when you are focusing on shedding weight.
Good for Your Heart.
The cardiovascular workout that you get will improve your heart conditions. Every time you get on a treadmill, you make your heart stronger.
Blood pressure takes a dip for good. Also, running and walking helps your blood to flow properly and reduces stress on your heart.
Cholesterol problem is a thing in every household and running on a treadmill trims your bad cholesterol and raises your good cholesterol.
For Diabetic Patients
Treadmills can be a great way of encouraging people to take up a healthy life. If you are a diabetic patient who exercises regularly, you will control your insulin levels.
A well-combined diet and exercise plan is the best way to go about for diabetic patients. It is necessary for you to consult your doctor regarding your exercise routine.
Promotes Joint Flexibility
A balanced exercise routine will help keep your joints flexible. When you run on concrete floors, you tend to increase the impacts on your joints and knees.
Running on a treadmill will reduce the impact and will help your knees and joints to negate unnecessary problems later on.
Running on treadmills can be Fun
If you think you have limited time to exercise, treadmill is the answer. You can watch TV and listen to music while you run.
I am aware that exercising can be monotonous but with treadmills, you can do few things side by side.
Better Muscle Tone
Treadmill running can help you tone your body. It also strengthens your calves and your quadriceps.
Using the incline feature can tone your legs further. Also, avoiding the handlebars during runs can tone your arm muscles too.
How to choose the Best Treadmills for Running?
You have to keep many things under consideration before you purchase a treadmill.
I have highlighted some of the factors that you should consider.
Total Number of USes?
You might not be the sole user in your house. It is important to consider the number of users before you think of purchasing.
You should be aware of the number and users and purchase a treadmill that suits everyone.
It Should Have a Shock Absorption System
You should be aware of the treadmills have proper shock absorption system. It should make you feel firm and stable.
Very soft cushioning should be avoided as it can lead to knee damage in the considerable future. At the same time, you should not feel that you’re running on top of rocks.
It is necessary to find a balance and a thorough research can help you do that.
Proper Electronic Feature
Let’s be honest here, we live in the 21st century and a treadmill with proper electronic features can be a big bonus for us.
If you have a treadmill that tracks your progress is a bonus. Modern treadmills can display the calories that you burned and miles covered by you.
This aspect can be challenging but at the same time help you improve every day.
Selecting Capable Motor
You should be aware of the motor that runs on a treadmill. It is not always true that bigger is better but selecting a proper motor is necessary.
For running you can easily use a treadmill with the machine power of 2.0 and above.
Ability to Custom Programs
You will find a program monotonous if you follow that every day. Choose a treadmill that offers a variety of programs.
You should also get a treadmill where you can customize a program and make your sessions interesting and new every day.
It Should be Easy to Use
If you choose a treadmill with multiple programs but with very complicated programs, it can be a headache for you. Even if it is not a problem for you, it might be for other users.
It is vital that you choose a treadmill that is well programmed and easy to use at the same time.
You should also be aware of the incline on a treadmill. A treadmill incline helps you to burn calories more efficiently.
Treadmills track can be inclined to 10, 15 or 20 percent. So, choose the treadmill that best suits your need and the need of others.
It is necessary to take the safety features of a treadmill under consideration.
You should look for a safety key and check the belt speed. You should also look for the handrails as well as the console grips.
You should be able to run freely and be sure that the treadmill that you choose should be efficiently designed.
You should select the treadmill that has very low or negligible maintenance cost. You cannot entirely get away without some basic care but it should also not put a hole in your pocket.
Choosing a treadmill that uses good quality materials is necessary as it reduces maintenance and gives you a proper experience.
It is necessary to realize that the treadmill that you buy is an investment and you are going to use it almost every day.
It is important that you look for a warranty that provides 1 year of labor and a minimum of 1-3 years coverage on parts. Be advised that your warranty should be included on the motor, deck, belt, and electronics.
You will find a vast number of treadmills and it’s bound to get your head spinning. I hope that I have made your job of finding the best treadmills for running under $1000 easy.
Personally, I find the Nautilus 618 better than any other treadmill. The immense 3.5 continuous horse power of this treadmill blows other treadmills in this category out of the water.
It can also be inclined up to 15% making your sessions as challenging as you want. Also, you can easily store this treadmill.
Well, we have come to an end. I hope you choose your treadmill wisely.
Stay healthy, stay fit.