If you are a regular runner and keen on improving your performance, running watch will be your next best friend.
Running watches help you to keep track of your progress and challenge you to improve over time. You will not only become healthier but will see actual data that supports your improvement.
Best Running Watches for Women – Quick Pick
If you’re in a hurry, here are our two favorite running watches for women in this review.
These watches also come with additional features which will further improve your sessions and also saves your time. For example, you can connect your watch with your phone and you will get all the notifications on your watch.
I have gone ahead and recommended the best running watches for women. Hope this helps you to select the one that fit your requirements.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Picks of Best Running Watches for Women in 2019
- 10 Best Running Watches for Women Reviews in 2019
- 1. Garmin Forerunner 230 – Black/White
- 2. Polar M400 GPS Smart Sports Watch
- 3. Garmin Forerunner 630 Bundle – Black/White
- 4. TomTom Runner GPS Running Watch (Pink)
- 5. Timex Ironman Classic 30 Oceanside Mid-Size Watch
- 6. TomTom Runner Cardio (White)
- 7. Casio STR300 Sports Watch
- 8. Casio Women’s SDB100-4A Sport Watch
- 9. Soleus Sport Watch
- 10. TomTom Spark 3
- What are the Benefits of Running Watches for Women?
- How to Choose the Best Running Watch for Women
Top 10 Picks of Best Running Watches for Women in 2019
10 Best Running Watches for Women Reviews in 2019
There are many running watches that will grab your attention. Here are the 10 best running watches for women that will make your job of selecting the one you like, easier.
The Garmin Forerunner 230 is an awesome watch for runners. It boasts a battery life of up to 16 hours exercise mode and 5 weeks in watch mode.
The Garmin Forerunner 230 is waterproof to 50 meters and means you can have an uncompromising performance. It also has a color display.
The data tracking system of the Garmin Forerunner 230 is also impressive. You can monitor your time, distance and speed. You can also keep your calories under check and also your heart rate.
The Garmin Forerunner 230 come with the features such as auto lap and auto pause. You can track your activities such as steps, goals, and reminders. It also has smart notifications where you can connect your watch to your smartphone and check your emails and texts.
Running watches with training aids is a must. The Garmin Forerunner 230 has features such as interval workouts, customizable workouts, VO2 Max Estimate, Recovery Adviser and race Predictor. These training aids help you to train at an optimum level.
Modern running watches sync your smartphone, lets you download your activities so that you can keep track and shares your workout on social media. The Garmin Forerunner 230 does exactly that so that you can keep track of your progress and boast a bit.
The Garmin Forerunner 230 also have basic features such as time, date, alarms, stopwatch and music control.
- You will love the battery power of the Garmin Forerunner 230.
- It is smaller than its predecessor but has a bigger display.
- The new feature on the Garmin Forerunner 230 is activity tracking which helps you track your progress.
- It is waterproof that means you can test the watch anywhere you want.
- It has Interval workouts, customizable workouts, VO2 Max Estimate, Recovery Adviser and race Predictor. Hence, letting you train according to your need.
- You can sync your watch with your smartphone and your computer.
- It has a good battery life but if you compare this model with models such as 920XT and Fenix 3, it lacks behind.
- It does not have multi-sport features. Only made for running.
As the name suggests the Polar M400 GPS has a built-in GPS technology and keeps track of your running sessions. It keeps a tab on your pace, distance, and altitude.
It can be connected to your phone which keeps you aware by providing alerts. The Polar M400 GPS motivates you to complete your sessions when you stay idle for a certain time.
The back of the Polar M400 GPS is made up of stainless steel and has a micro-USB port with a tiny attached cover. You can charge as well as sync your watch with your computer.
When you turn on your GPS, it lasts about 8 hours and lasts about 2-3 weeks on regular use.
The Polar M400 GPS is compatible with H7 Heart Rate Sensor to train at the right intensity of your choice.
You can also plan, sync and share your training using the polar flow app and web service. The Polar M400 GPS is also 30m water resistant.
- The Polar M400 GPS tracks your GPS, heart rate and daily fitness.
- You will find the features of Polar M400 GPS slim and light.
- The price is reasonable for the excellent features.
- The Polar M400 GPS is compatible with the heart rate sensor and this feature lets you train according to the intensity that you want.
- It has a decent battery that lasts 8 hours when you switch on your GPS.
- You can easily sync your watch with you smartphones and computers to track your daily progress.
- The Polar M400 GPS is 30m water resistant which gives you optimum performance.
- The Polar M400 GPS does not have underwater heart rate monitoring.
- It also does not have route navigation which can be a huge turnoff for you.
- Chest belt is needed for heart rate monitoring which is inconvenient.
The Garmin Forerunner 630 comes with the 2nd Generation Running Dynamics. This watch calculates the 6 advanced running dynamics, ie. stride length, ground contact time balance, vertical ratio, cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time.
This watch can also support physiological measurements such as stress score, performance condition, lactate threshold, recovery time, VO2 max, predicted race times.
The Garmin Forerunner 630 has a decent battery life and it is user replaceable. The wireless features of the Garmin Forerunner 630 let you transmit your heart rate to your compatible device.
You can also connect your watch to your smartphone and not miss out on your email, text messages, call alerts and reminders.
- You will be impressed by the battery life of the Garmin Forerunner 630.
- It has lightweight and will not disturb you during your workout sessions.
- The 6 advanced running dynamics ensure that you have a complete workout session.
- The physiological measurements on the Garmin Forerunner 630 are also very impressive.
- The heart rate monitor of the Garmin Forerunner 630 will impress you.
- You can easily connect your watch to your smartphone and never miss out on calls and messages.
- The touchscreen on the Garmin Forerunner 630 is not the best one out there.
- It does not have a wrist- based heart rate.
The TomTom Runner measure your time, distance, pace, and calories burned and other stats while you are running. It also comes with the QuickGPSFix to locate you.
The TomTom Runner is specifically built for the runners as it is ultra-slim, lightweight and waterproof. It has a large display and one-button control to enhance your running.
The heart rate monitoring in the TomTom Runner is impressive. You can pair the watch with the external heart rate monitor strap to record your fitness sessions and monitor your running intensity.
If you are looking to improve your stamina and speed, the TomTom Runner has an interval training program. You can also motivate yourself by challenging yourself and increase your speed and fitness.
You can also upload running data to TomTom MySports and other fitness tracking apps via Bluetooth. The TomTom Runner has a 10-hour battery life when you use your GPS.
The TomTom Runner is highly durable and has a scratch resistant display. It is water resistant up to 50 meters.
- You will love the QuickGPSFix technology.
- The design of the TomTom Runner is lightweight and it is also comfortable.
- The price of the TomTom Runner is also reasonable.
- The waterproof features of the TomTom Runner will give you optimum performance no matter the weather condition.
- The TomTom Runner has a decent battery life.
- It is scratch resistant. This means you need not worry about tricky terrains.
- The TomTom Runner has heart rate monitor which keeps track of your sessions and lets you customize your sessions according to the intensity that you prefer.
- The TomTom Runner lacks built-in USB charging.
- The TomTom MySports web tool is very basic.
The Timex Ironman Classic 30 has a rich lineage going back to 1986. It is an ideal companion for your runs and other activities.
It with the distinctive 30 lap memory recall which helps you to review your workout sessions.
The Timex Ironman Classic 30 comes with Indiglo night-light, a low-powered electroluminescence. This helps you read easily in the dark.
Lightweight features of the Timex Ironman Classic 30 will provide you with a comfortable experience.
The Timex Ironman Classic 30 is also water resistant to about 100 meters and is perfect for activities like swimming and snorkeling.
You can set multiple reminders for events surrounding you and not just for running. If you are a frequent traveler, the Timex Ironman Classic 30 also allows you set up to 3 time zones.
- The 30 lap memory recall makes sure that you can review your sessions.
- The Indiglo night-light in the Timex Ironman Classic 30 is impressive as it allows you to have proper visual during dark.
- The lightweight features of the watch ensure that you have a comfortable experience.
- The water resistance of the Timex Ironman Classic 30 is very impressive. You can easily swim and snorkel without breaking a sweat.
- It also has other features such as you can set reminders for events and set time of 3 different time zones.
- The price of the Timex Ironman Classic 30 is very reasonable.
- The paint on the watch might peel off with time.
- The functions on the Timex Ironman Classic 30 is very basic.
The TomTom Runner Cardio is the perfect companion for your daily run. This watch assists you by giving real time running information such as distance, time, pace and calories burnt.
The TomTom Runner Cardio is ultra-slim and lightweight. You can easily navigate with one-button control and it also has QuickGPSFix.
It is durable and the battery can last up to 8 hours with the GPS and heart Rate mode switched on. The watch is also waterproof up to 50 meters.
This watch has a built-in Heart rate Monitor and it does not require a separate chest strap. You have the option to choose the type of intensity you want in your training.
Heart rate monitoring is important because it lets you about your body and how it is responding to exercise. With the help of five intensity zones such as Sprint, Speed, Endure, Fat Burn and Easy, you can train accordingly.
The TomTom Runner Cardio also comes with features such as Race Yourself. In this feature, you can compare your past performance and try to beat that.
Another feature is Challenge Yourself in which you can set the distance and time and reach your goals. The third one is the Interval training in which you can start with a warm up, then alternate bursts of high and low-intensity exercise as many times as you like.
You can sync the watch with the help of TomTom MySports mobile app and share your stats on running sites and social media.
- The TomTom Runner Cardio is durable and it is also lightweight and ultra-slim.
- It has a decent battery life even after you switch on the GPS and Heart rate mode.
- You will not require a chest strap for Heart rate Monitor.
- The 5-intensity zones in the TomTom Runner Cardio let you train according to the intensity of your choice.
- Features such as Race Yourself, Challenge Yourself and Interval Training helps you to train depending on your workout plans.
- You can easily sync your watch with your smart phones.
- The heart rate monitor is very accurate.
- If you have a small wrist, the watch might look pretty big on you.
- The watch takes more time than usual to locate the GPS satellites.
The Casio STR300 is an ideal running partner for you. It comes with an auto LED light, 4 daily alarms, pace signal, distance calculation and stopwatch with 60 lap memory.
The Casio STR300 has a 35mm resin case with mineral dial window. It has a 10-year battery and is 50m water resistant.
You can measure the elapsed time as well as lap/split time. The Casio STR300 also comes with a full auto calendar and has 12/24 hour format.
- You can easily keep track of your timing.
- The price of the Casio STR300 is very reasonable.
- The size of the watch is perfect for your arm.
- The Casio STR300 has a 10-year battery which is really impressive.
- It is water resistant up to 50m.
- It has a stopwatch with 60 lap memory.
- The Casio STR300 is not as durable as other running watches.
- You might also not like the design.
The Casio Women’s SDB100-4A has a circular pattern on bezel and a dual time display. It comes with a protective acrylic dial window.
The Casio Women’s SDB100-4A comes with Bluetooth connection to help you sync your watch with your smartphones and track your progress.
It features an impressive 10-year battery, 12/24 hour formats, countdown timer, 1/100th-seconds stop-watch with lap memory, alarm, and buckle closure. It is also water resistant to 50m. You can swim with the watch but it is not suitable for snorkeling.
The Casio Women’s SDB100-4A has a 1-year warranty.
- The Bluetooth service on the Casio Women’s SDB100-4A helps you to sync your watch with your smartphone and you can easily track your progress.
- It comes with an exceptional 10-years battery life.
- It is water resistant up to 50m.
- The Casio Women’s SDB100-4A has a reasonable price.
- The watch band is very durable and watch will also give you a sturdy feel.
- You will also like the design of Casio Women’s SDB100-4A.
- The watch is not as durable as other running watches.
The digital chronographs on the Soleus Sport Watch allow you to keep track of your total run time and see individual lap times.
The Soleus Sport Watch comes with 5 customizable interval timers with looping feature and 2 customizable alarms. It can also save up to 30 laps of run data.
This watch has a 15 second EL Backlight which gives you full visibility even in the dark. It has an impressive water resistant properties which go up to 100m. It comes with a purple resin bezel with the grey convertible display.
- You will be impressed by the unique style of the Soleus Sport Watch.
- The time display of the Soleus Sport Watch is large and clear for you.
- You will love the materials used on the Soleus Sport Watch.
- The instructions on the Soleus Sport Watch can be followed easily.
- The price of the Soleus Sport Watch is very reasonable.
- The longevity of the battery is doubtful.
10. TomTom Spark 3
The TomTom Spark 3 is made for women who love running. This watch comes with two sizes of straps – small and large. The small comes in 125-172 mm and large comes in 145-206mm.
The TomTom Spark 3 measures your time, distance, speed, pace, calories burned and other stats while you run. It also captures your steps and you can set goals to stay motivated and train.
This watch has a multisport mode and can track your runs, bikes, swims, treadmill runs, gym workouts, indoor cycling, and other activities. You can also explore new routes on the TomTom Spark 3.
The TomTom Spark 3 is water resistant up to 40m. The battery on the TomTom Spark 3 lasts for 3 weeks in non-GPS mode and 11 hours in GPS mode.
- The TomTom Spark 3 is easy to use despite having many features.
- The GPS of the TomTom Spark 3 is accurate.
- The route exploration on the TomTom Spark 3 is very impressive.
- The battery lasts for a long time. 3 weeks without GPS and 11 hours with GPS.
- It has a multisport mode which makes sure you can use it for multiple activities.
- The music support of the watch is still burdensome.
- The water resistance of the TomTom Spark 3 is not exceptional. It just goes up to 40m.
What are the Benefits of Running Watches for Women?
Running watches help you to enhance your running and keep track of your sessions. Here are some of the benefits of running watches.
This is a problem for most of us. We want to lose our weight and jump into that dress that compliments our body. Well, running watches can be your companion as these watches will give you information about the calories you burned and the distance you ran.
Running watch keeps you updated and the target you have set for the day can be achieved with the help of this watch. It gives you the idea about how many calories your runs are burning to reach your daily goal.
As cliched as it sounds, you are your competition. This is true because if you are fitter than you were yesterday, you win.
Modern running watches have made your work easier as you can measure and store your performance. You can keep a tab on your progress and this will help you improve.
You can race your previous timings and beat yourself, ultimately winning and improving your health. This will keep you motivated to stay fit and healthy.
Let’s be honest here, there are some of us who like to run indoors. And, we are also sick of treadmills which give us inaccurate data about our sessions. These problems can be terminated with the help of running watches.
Running watches with GPS help you to track your time even when you run indoors.
Running watches are Accurate
It would be a big help if we could accurately measure your time and distance when your run. Running watches do exactly that.
You can use your running watch to track your run and find out the distance covered. You can also easily sync your watch with your laptops and phone to further track your progress.
When you track your splits, it becomes easy for you to analyze where you speed up and slow down during your run. This will help you improve your timings and can come handy if you are training for a competition.
You can take splits during an interval session and this helps you to compare your timing.
How to Choose the Best Running Watch for Women
Running watch is a brilliant motivator and can help you improve your performance. It doesn’t matter if you are training for a marathon or just want to stay fit, running watches help track your runs.
Here are some of the factors that you should consider before you get a running watch.
How are you going to use it?
It is vital that you decide what will be the use of the running watch. There are watches in every category that will suit different types of users.
There are different types of watches for occasional runners, regular runners and professional runners. Find out which category you fall under and select the one that suits your need.
Are you going to use it for other activities too?
You can select a running watch which helps you to track your runs and that’s it. But if you want a watch that is suitable for other activities, you need to select an appropriate watch.
There are watches that are solely made for running while others are used for swimming, cycling, marathons and some can be even used for snorkeling.
Heart Rate Monitor
Most running watches can be paired with a separate heart rate monitor strap via Bluetooth or ANT+ connectivity.
Heart rate monitors check your beats per minute (BPM) during workout sessions. This is vital as BPM helps you to figure out the right intensity to achieve your fitness goals.
Pairing with your smartphone
This is a very important feature for most runners and it would definitely help you out. You can easily receive email, text and other alerts on your watch without having to fish your phone out of your pocket.
Running watches range from $30 to $600 and in some cases can go higher. It is not entirely true that the more you pay, the more features you get.
But, expensive watches will definitely have more and better features but you might not need it. So, choose the watch that has the features that you want and that also fits your budget.
You might get confused before you select the running watch that fits your requirement. I am hopeful that you will find the list that I have made very convenient.
For me, the best running watch would be the Garmin Forerunner 230. This watch has amazing features which will surely satisfy your demands.
It comes with an impressive battery life and a wonderful display. The multiple features on the Garmin Forerunner 230 ensure you have the workout that suits your goal and you can track your progress.
Still, we have different requirements, don’t we? There are other options that you can choose from and I am sure that you will select the best one.